All parties shall bear their own costs for the Mediation and/or Arbitration processes and shall bear equally and pay the expenses of the Conflict Resolution and the Mediator/Arbitrator’s fees inclusive of all deposits requested, unless otherwise agreed by the parties.
- Mediation and Arbitration hourly rate is $250.00 plus HST and disbursements.
- For a two (2) party half-day mediation - $1,200.00.
- For each additional party - $400.00.
- For each additional hour - $250.00.
- Time to prepare notes, the MoU, telephone calls and electronic communications will be charged at the above hourly rate. Disbursements will be added to the final invoice as applicable. Fees are payable at the end of each session.
- An administrative fee will be added for technology fees and administrative work.
- A retainer fee is payable at the time of the
- HST will be added to all invoices.
- The cost of facilities, catering if requested, or parking will be an additional charge.
- For mediations or arbitrations within 1 ½ hour travel from North Bay, a travel charge of $100.00 per hour will apply.
- For travel requiring driving more than 1 ½ hours, a kilometre charge will be applied.
- In circumstances where a flight is required, the actual flight cost will be charged.
In the event a party wishes to cancel, adjourn, or postpone the mediation, the party must notify Bisson Mediation, in writing of the cancellation. The cancellation fee is as follows:
- If a scheduled mediation or arbitration is cancelled, adjourned, or postponed in whole or in part on notice of less than seven (7) days, the cancellation fee will be up to $2,500, plus any non-refundable disbursements.
- Cancellation fees are due and payable immediately upon the cancellation, adjournment or postponement of the mediation.