With the growing use of electronic medium everywhere, Mediation and Arbitration can be conducted online in a secure manner.
The advantages of Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) are:
- Participants can feel secure and safe from confrontations with the opposite party, especially where there is a history of domestic violence.
- Can share or annotate documents online.
- User names can be hidden from other participants.
- Private "breakout" meeting rooms available to discuss confidential matters securely with the mediator or lawyer.
- Eliminate costs associated with physical meeting rooms and associated travel time and cost, especially where parties are in different geographic locations.
- A neutral forum when selecting a meeting place proves difficult.
- We use the popular Zoom.us online meeting rooms as it is secure and the quality of video and audio is much better than other brands such as Skype.